Wednesday

Bringing a Bathroom Drawing to Life...

For those of you who have always wondered how a designer can go from the image in their mind to the finished product let me tell you it is no small task. For me, part of my creative process is sketching my idea out in a more technical format, that way I can use my sketches for the Tile setter and plumber by adding all the measurements I decide. On one of my most recent projects the main bathroom and en suite were complete rebuilds right down to the two by fours! Once I had decided on my color palette, tile, and fixtures I set to work to pull the whole concept together. Below is the basic sketch for one half of the bathroom that would have the soaker tub and new shower.

A big learning curve for me was that if you don't nail these tile and floor plans to the wall in the room they are intended for the trades will use their own ideas! The next picture is what the bathroom wall looked like before my design. My style is -if the walls can come down- take 'em down!

Pretty nasty for sure but the worse the before the better the after.....

While a few things changed from the drawing due to unforeseen plumbing issues, the bathroom turned out very well. The wall and tub surround are porcelain tile and they matched the real Limestone vanity countertop perfectly. The mosaic tile was a real find from the Home Depot in the USA, this was one of those instances where the tile setter decided the shower stall didn't need the mosaic at the top as the drawing specified. Again never leave things up to chance as it was I was on site for this project much more than I anticipated.


Here is the drawing, before and after of the other side of the bathroom.
More Nasty Before photo's....

And then the bathroom transforms to a one of a kind...

Bathrooms have become one of my most favourite rooms to design... stay tuned for more bathroom transformations. ~ Cheers, Emily
Emily Hagerman Design

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Girlfriend! That is one amazing bathroom makeover. I could have a bath for hours on there. It is beautiful and so perfect. Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes drawing. How neat to see the real before stage before it is created! Thanks for sharing.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Beautiful! It's everything a bathroom should be, really. Just perfect!!

Designer Shower Sets said...

Its looking very beautiful and perfect..